Marinair Surveyors and Adjusters Limited have a competitive edge over its competitors on Subrogation and Recoveries by virtue of our superior expertise and experience in marine claims, and our long standing dealings with worldwide recovery experts. Our recovery team comprise multi-skilled claims handlers and consultant lawyers with background in the transport, legal and insurance field and claims.
Once claims are intimated to us, prompt investigations are conducted with the aim of identifying and holding guilty parties responsible and also obtaining securities where warranted.Recovery proceeds significantly reduce insurers’ outlays or net claim costs.
Fundamental rules for recoveries:
- Immediate notification of any event or incident that could lead to a potential claim.
- Immediate notice of claim to guilty party (carrier or agent).
- Arrangement for joint survey of damage and quantify loss.
- Advice to cargo receiver to indicate condition of cargo on relevant documents of carriage such as Bill of Lading and Road Consignment Note or Waybill.
- Collection of pertinent claim supporting documents.